This course is a project along the semester. The project is to write an operating system for x86
(PC 32 bits) minimalist yet using the main concepts at the core of the Oss.
- Interrupts handling, design of device drivers
- Internal kernel structure (monolithic)
- Inter processus synchronisation and communication
- Virtual memory handling
- Memory protection
- Operating systems and concurrent programming.
- Operating System conception project - Basics.
- Assembly language
- Basics in processor architecture
This project was quite complexe because of all the understanding of the system that is require. At the
end, the project was working all the features that are listed in the content part. The evaluation of our
kernel was with standard tests provided with the requirement of it. Driven by tests passing development
our group was one of the few who managed to implement virtual memory. My personal contribution on this
project was with scheduling, Interrupts handling and Inter processus synchronisation and communication.